The classic cheese toastie is a brunch-time staple, but we decided to take it up a notch with a few luxurious additions. Quality cheese, crusty sourdough bread and our delicious Strawberry Chilli Chutney combine to make an indulgent cheese toastie.
- 50g mature cheddar (grated)
- 2 thick slices of artisan bread (we love sourdough)
- 2 tbsp Annabel’s Strawberry Chilli Chutney
- Handful fresh basil
- Salted British butter
- Butter both slices of bread then turn over and generously spread the chutney onto the other side.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and sandwich together with a few leaves of fresh basil.
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, then add the toastie and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and oozing with cheese.
- Serve with an additional portion of Annabel’s Strawberry Chilli Chutney on the side for dunking!
Some other delicious combinations we love:
- Brie, bacon & strawberry chilli chutney, fried in thyme butter
- Gruyere, prosciutto & strawberry chilli chutney, fried in rosemary butter