Ready roll short crust pastry
160g Brown sugar
45g White flour
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
400g cups fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons butter
How to Make it
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Roll out your dough and trim two circles of pastry suitable for your nine inch pie tin. Place one in the base of the pie tin.
- Mix together sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Mix lightly through the berries. Pour filling into pastry lined tin, and dot fruit with butter or margarine. Cover with top crust, and cut your spooky design in the top. Seal and flute the edges to avoid leaking.
- Wash with egg yolk before baking for that golden pumpkin appearance!
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is slightly browned.