Strawberry, Lime & Pink Peppercorn Jam
- 1kg strawberries, washed and quartered
- 750g of jam sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- Pink pepper corns, 10 grinds
I don’t know about you but I always try and hold onto the summer, even when the nights draw in and there is a nip in the air. One of my favourite ways to bottle summer, literally, is to turn some of our wonderful harvest into jam. Nothing beats opening up a little reminder of summer during the winter months so enjoy on scones by the fire!
I like to keep my jam making simple with a twist, lovely fresh ingredients are a must!
A personal favourite is a classic strawberry jam with a hint of lime and a crack of pink pepper corns!
How to Make it
- Place all of the ingredients into a pan and melt the sugar slowly – try not to stir too much. Once boiling, skim consistently to remove film or froth.
- The jam should coat the back of a spoon. Place a small spoonful on a cold plate. If the jam has reached its setting point it will wrinkle slightly when you touch it.
- Spoon the jam into sterilised jars and seal while still hot. Steam the sealed jar for 3 minutes at 82°C and leave to cool at room temperature. The jam can then be stored in the pantry or the fridge